How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Pittsburgh
You understand you need to safeguard your home. Above all else, it’sthe haven where your family lives and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the right type of home defense? Determining if you should get 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief considerations you will make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Pittsburgh and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s defense connects to a professional monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at all times. If an entrypoint sensor triggers or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring agents are issued an alert instantly. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and dispatch the proper first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have a backup team. You could consider this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you have to take action to remedy the situation. This choice is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Pittsburgh
Here’s a short breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup in place is always wise. If you are not on site, not awake, or without your phone, your home and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll reply in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems may make you eligible for a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Better tools and seamless integration: When you receive hardware, installation, and monitoring from a reputable home security expert, you will gain access to a fully connected system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get your system installed professionally: Numerous individuals would prefer to have the install taken care of by skilled technicians, but some DIYers might object.
- Required to sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation will be acceptable for many as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Pittsburgh
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: DIYers might deem this to be an advantage as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an extra expense. Other people might want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to integrate devices whenever you wish - and from any manufacturer. However, you might find incorporating into a fully connected system more complex.
- Control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, you’re in charge of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What happens when you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t get a security notification? This circumstance will generate additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: Since you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No help hooking up the system: If you require a helping hand during an install, you may have to employ a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Pittsburgh
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Pittsburgh from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the ideal solution for you. Contact (412) 230-3668 today to customize your package.