A Smart Pittsburgh Flood Detector Alerts You Of Water Leaking Before You Have Serious Damage
Cracked basement walls, old pipes, poorly sealed windows -- these are everyday worries that are known to cause costly water damage at your property. Unfortunately, these are also the problems that you notice much too late. Even a leaky washing machine or water heater can cause extensive destruction if not addressed quickly.
However, when you add a Pittsburgh monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can identify leaking or standing water before your home becomes a disaster zone. The wireless sensor notifies you as soon as it detects water with a loud alarm and a message to your smartphone. Your 24-7 ADT technicians will also inform you when the flood detector is activated.
Why Use A Monitored Flood Detector In Pittsburgh?
You never expect to go down the steps to find that the lower floor of your home is now a pool of water with your belongings floating on top. Fortunately, a Pittsburgh flood detector will recognize water problems before you get thousands of dollars in water damage. Here’s what you should know:
- Advanced sensor is perfect for any room: The state-of-the-art alarm detects running or pooling water instead of moisture in the air -- so it's suitable to use in the bathroom, laundry room, or other steamy places.
- Unlimited placement options with a wireless connection: The small sensors have wireless functionality and a long battery life of 4 years. You can confidently place your detector behind your toilets, under sinks, behind water heaters or anywhere you could have a leak.
- Get notified even when you’re away: Freezing pipes or intense storms have a habit of happening when you're at work or on vacation. If your Pittsburgh flood detector finds a water issue, it will send an emergency alert to your cell.
- 24-7 monitoring adds another line of defense: In addition to an intense alarm system and communications to your phone, your smart device will notify your ADT 24/7 monitoring center. Your monitoring experts will quickly contact you and assist you as needed.
Your Mobile App Makes Your Pittsburgh Flood Detector More Responsive
There’s no time to lose when it comes to water leaks. With the ADT Control app, you can access home automation systems and make it easier when maintenance arrives. Activating your smart home systems is important when you’re at the property, but essential when you’re away from home. With a monitored Pittsburgh flood detector you have the ability to:
- Receive alerts on your phone when excessive water is found.
- Unlock doors remotely and disable security alarms for emergency assistance.
- Adjust heat on your thermostat to halt the freezing of pipes.
- Review video footage from security cameras to pinpoint leaks and evaluate remediation needs.
- Stay in constant communication with your monitoring professionals.
Your Home Security System With Flood Detection Begins With A No-Obligation Free Estimate
Flood detectors and other safety alarms are all important aspects of a comprehensive security implementation through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you call our offices, we’ll help you pick the best solution to match your property needs. Make the call to (412) 230-3668 today or send in the online form for your free quote.