Helpful Tips For Integrating Home Security Lighting In Pittsburgh
Deterrence is a significant part of your home’s defense, and one of the top ways to dissuade prowlers is through the use of lights. A properly lit landscape not only looks fantastic, it’s also less likely to be trespassed. If you want to improve your property’s defense, explore these worthwhile tips for home security lighting in Pittsburgh. We have several ideas for outside and inside illumination that will benefit your family.
Add Security And Appeal With Exterior Lighting
The proper landscape lighting and well-placed surveillance cameras will work wonders in keeping intruders away from your home. Utilize these Pittsburgh outdoor lighting tips.
- Be sure entrances are covered: Doors at the front and back of your house continue to be the most likely spots for break-ins. Make certain those entries are covered but don’t forget your garage. While bright motion-detecting floodlights are a common choice in this area, it’s not the only option. Instead of blinding your neighbors every time a critter goes past, you can use less offensive lights that stay lit during the night. Granted, intense, motion-sensing floodlights may ward off unwanted guests, but having a well-positioned light that stays lit is more likely to keep them off your property to begin with.
- Incorporate multi-function task lights: Those lovely lights along your pathway do more than show you the way during the night. They also let you see parts of your property you might not otherwise be able to from indoors.
- Add beauty and safety with accents: Not only for aesthetic reasons, accent lights are a smart way to shine light on areas that may otherwise be utilized as hideouts. You can install accents in garden beds outside ground-floor windows, alongside retaining walls, or next to hedges and trees. These installations produce a dramatic effect while boosting your security.
- Brighten your perimeter: A layered lighting strategy should also include the borders of your yard. Shining light your gates, fencing, and outer limits of your property can go a long way to discourage prowlers.
How To Elevate Security With Interior Lighting in Pittsburgh
Home security lighting in Pittsburgh includes more than merely outdoor illumination. Your indoor lights are critical in improving safety too. Smart bulbs that incorporate into your home’s defense are valuable for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Scheduling: Keep your lights on a schedule and give the impression people are home. This is an easy deterrent and a wise approach anytime you’re away.
- Access from wherever you are: If you go on a vacation but forget to put lights on a schedule, you can still activate them with your useful smartphone app.
- Connecting to other security elements: If the motion detector on your outside camera goes off, you can have your foyer light inside illuminate automatically. This action is yet another way to deter trespassers.
Deter Intruders Even More With A Home Defense Package In Pittsburgh From Secure24 Alarm Systems
Back up your well-illuminated property with the best in home security from Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our advanced home security systems in Pittsburgh permit you to control and automate all kinds of smart components, including lighting. Reach out to (412) 230-3668 today to design a package for your property.