Not so long ago, the components of your security system were restricted to where wires could be placed. Forget positioning a video camera on a countertop or controlling your implements with a mobile device. But, home security is much different now, and that’s largely due to the incorporation of wireless installations. You presently have a range of extra perks at your disposal -- like online access to your system, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Pittsburgh will protect your home while making your life more convenient.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
If you want to take advantage of everything wireless security is able to do, you must have a proper internet connection. If you have reliable high-performance internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for a wireless setup.
If you have concerns about power or internet outages, search for options that have cellular and battery backups in place to sustain the link to your monitoring professionals without interruption.
If you live in an area without dependable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will likely be better. Or It might also make more sense from a financial standpoint to choose a wired installation if you move into a home that currently has wiring for security components connected.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Pittsburgh will enhance the safety of your property, which is the primary purpose to begin with. On the other hand, if you prefer the idea of using the most advanced features, consider these advantages of wireless:
- Remote access: Get access to everything in your residence from your lighting to your thermostat right from your smartphone utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see who’s at the front door, activate your connected lights, and even arm your system in the event you neglected to do so. When a security event takes place, you may have notifications dispatched straight to your mobile device.
- Easy to install and customize: You no longer need to worry about all the messy wiring, drywall damage, and long installs. The great thing about wireless devices is that you may place them just about anywhere and in less time. If you want to add on at a later time with the latest equipment, integrating elements into your configuration is not complicated.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices a possibility with fast, two-way communications. Program your components to act in specified circumstances to enhance your security and dissuade home invasions. For example, if your outside surveillance detects suspicious disturbances on your property, it may instantly direct your interior lights to illuminate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Pittsburgh
Even though wireless home security systems in Pittsburgh have proven to be reliable, it’s only natural if you are a little hesitant about utilizing one. The following are some of the most frequent sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless devices might stop working if the battery is depleted. Although this could happen, your smart implements will send you a notification whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors generally need to be positioned within a set distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders in some situations to enhance your flexibility.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the risk of hacking persists. But you are able to take action to minimize the chance of this happening by utilizing secure passwords, always changing default passwords or settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only use security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Would you like to experience the benefits of the latest in Pittsburgh wireless home security? Call (412) 230-3668 to consult with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the right package for your residence.