Security cameras can simply be used as a warning—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to tighten your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are outfitted with a number of tools all built to provide total protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these tools empower you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Pittsburgh.
How To Set Up Your Pittsburgh Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is mounting your devices in the proper spots within your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great notion to install a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your front door, driveway, front and patio, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. You can always access a view of your main entryway via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places around your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Seclusion for you and your visitors needs to be a chief consideration prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Component placement is only the first step in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Pittsburgh. The additions shown below help to optimize security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your phone the instant abnormal activity is detected. You can also set cameras to start capturing footage when movements are detected which helps increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your security cameras to film and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way audio: Most of today’s security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone through the unit. Via your security app, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more complete look at an area. Check for cameras that provide a minimum of 120° angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the flexibility to guard single locations within your house.. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send instant alerts when the sense unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Pittsburgh is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (412) 230-3668 or fill out the form below to get started personalizing your home security and camera system today.