Modern residential security options have become more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to complete basic security chores like arming your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these chores ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Pittsburgh, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Pittsburgh For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you may set up in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components utilize to communicate with one another. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries on all sides of your house and program what actions you want to take place if you go past the boundary.
For example, when you leave your property, you can program your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will alert your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Pittsburgh. With the ADT Control app, you can reap the benefits of automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components come alive in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if the CO detector trips. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your surveillance system senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the locks bolt at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for TV night with preset light and thermostat adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Pittsburgh
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our representatives today at (412) 230-3668 or send in the form on this page to begin customizing your optimal security system.