Who wouldn’t want to make their home more intuitive? Are you familiar with homes with smart devices and have an interest in learning how to modify your residence? This helpful resource -- Pittsburgh’s Home Automation 101 -- is intended to show how you can utilize the latest technology to make your life less of a challenge and more energy-conscious.
You will add smart home automation to a security system with certainty, and allow your home's lights, locking systems, thermostat, and even more integrated features serve your needs.
What Is Home Automation In Pittsburgh?
If you already own or plan to buy a home, chances are you’ve considered the ensuing inquiry: What is home automation in Pittsburgh? Essentially, home automation keeps track of and controls different components at your property, so you don't have to. You can set home features such as smart lights, locks, and smart thermostats to act without you being physically present. For instance, you don't have to hit a switch to turn on a light or turn the dial near your furnace room to manipulate your comfort levels.
Automation offers versatility and convenience to your property
Automation can be different in every home. For example, you may set your devices to operate to a schedule that you create through your smart hub or mobile app. Or arrange your devices to function together to create the ultimate ambience for movie night or for going to bed. Or have various smart sensors react to one another to help ensure your property is safe and secure for every circumstance. You may even administer your smart components with vocal directives if you link with an Alexa or Google speaker.
However, you have to have a properly equipped automation system to enjoy effective remote administration and schedule programming. Many people have the most luck linking smart home automation implements to a security system. Most security systems can already control cameras and alarms through a central hub or cell phone security app. Including your smart lights or other automated devices lets you program everything in the same place. In addition, making use of your property’s security for your home’s automated equipment has the added benefit of you only needing to master one app for your entire smart home.
Implement These Smart Home Ideas In Pittsburgh
There are numerous beneficial smart home ideas for your Pittsburgh home. Try these devices to find a world of convenience you might not have thought was attainable:
- Smart light bulbs: Have you ever arisen during the night and recalled that you didn’t switch off the lights in the living room or kitchen? How would you like to press your cell phone and shut them off without leaving your bed? You might want to consider a schedule and have some of your smart lights brighten at arranged moments to create the appearance that your house is occupied when you're on vacation. You might also set your smart lights to engage in the event your security cameras detect suspicious movements in the backyard.
- Smart locks: The unwise yet common habit of placing a key under your doormat is a thing of the past when you use smart door locks. Provide all family members a custom PIN number or you could deactivate your locks right from your mobile device. In the event you must allow access to a friend while you're away, program a restricted code and get a smartphone alert as the locks engage.
- CO, flood, and fire detectors: Immediately know when a disaster happens with integrated fire, CO, and flood alarms. Investigate the current state of your devices via your mobile device and obtain updates whenever a device is activated. Enable other elements to react to an emergency, like putting your ventilation fan in motion when your fire alarms activate. These smart safety tools are also covered with 24/7 security monitoring as a bonus.
- Video cameras: Your smart indoor and outdoor video cameras can provide an unobstructed look at your grounds or interior whenever you like. See real-time video right on your cell phone or send clips to your cloud storage. Another popular choice is a convenient doorbell camera, which will notify you if someone approaches. You can communicate with the bi-directional audio feature and have your hall lights immediately turn on.
- Smart thermostats: You no longer have to adjust your thermostat dial in person. As an alternative, set your smart thermostat to adapt to your preferences. To illustrate, automatically reduce the air conditioning or heat when you're away. Then you can have your thermostat rise to a more comfortable temperature an hour or so before you return. Or access your mobile security app to view the temperature no matter where you are and adjust it to your satisfaction.
Enjoy The Perks Of Smart Home Automation In Pittsburgh
So, is smart home automation worth the bother? Luckily, home automation provides more than simply a fun method to turn on your home’s lighting from your phone. See how automation adds real perks to your busy life.
- Safety: Home automation has obvious and beneficial security implications. Make your residence look occupied while you're on vacation with preset smart lights and see guests with an automated doorbell camera. Be notified and have your property illuminate when a motion sensor or alarm is set off. Smart locking systems, exterior and interior video cameras, and items like CO and fire detectors all help establish a heightened measure of safety for your property.
- Reduce your stress: If you set a schedule, you never have to worry about switching off the lights or locking the doors, as your system will take care of it for you. Inspect your various implements when you're on vacation, and direct almost every aspect of your system from a distance. Design scenes like bed time that balance your devices in just the right way to obtain the right light levels and comfort settings. You might even instruct your AI assistant on the way you wish to have your interior and see your home react immediately.
- Energy efficiency: A leading reason to implement smart home automation is how it will allow you to save money. Let's face it, there are people in your house who neglect to do things like flip off lights. By placing your property’s illumination on a schedule, you can stop using electricity throughout the day. Lower heating and cooling costs by modifying the temperature for times when you're not home. Did you not remember to decrease the air when you went on vacation? That’s OK, as you can change it regardless of your location.
Want More Than Home Automation 101 In Pittsburgh?
If you are asking yourself, "how was it possible for me to live without smart home automation before," it may be time to schedule a consultation with your security experts. We will answer all your questions -- from smart lights to security cameras -- and design the perfect system for you. Just dial (412) 230-3668 or submit the form on this page.